Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Father's Day



It's been a long time since I've written, but I've been really busy. My parents came to visit for about 5 days, so we had to pack a lot of activities in. I'll post pictures from their visit later, but I wanted to write about Father's Day first. It was really nice to have my dad in town for Father's Day. I don't think I've been able to spend the day with him in a long time. Hopefully, we made the day special for both the dads!! I was really excited about giving Dan and my dad their gifts, so I made them open presents before church (thus the boys are still in their pajamas). The boys got Dan a digital photo frame for his office at work. Dan is always asking me to print off pictures to have newer ones of the boys at work, so I thought this would be perfect. He'd always have lots of pictures, and they'd always be recent. I think Dan is really enjoying his gift...now if he could just get to work and quit staring at pictures of the boys :-). We also found a coffee mug while we were camping that said "Greatest Opa". Since my dad is Dutch, I thought he'd really enjoy that.

Our church's baby dedication happened to coincide with my parent's visit, so they got to see us dedicate Andrew to God. After church was the highlight of the day for the boys...we went to Guernsey's (a really good local ice cream place...they are a dairy and make their own ice cream). We had sundaes inside, and the boys got to play on the rocks outside afterwards. All in all....a good day!

No comments: