Thursday, July 31, 2008

Adam's 5th Birthday Party

We decided to let Adam have a friend birthday party this year and invite some of his friends from church and preschool. We had originally decided to have the party the week after Adam's birthday, because I didn't think my parents would be interested in being near a bunch of 5 year olds, but they said they wanted to be there. So, I mentioned it to someone at church that her son was invited to the party, and she said that they might be out of town that weekend. So, I started wondering whether people would be out of town due to it being the summer. I decided to increase the number of boys we invited from about 5 to 7 to allow for some to not show up (I didn't want to have a party with only 2 kids there). Of course, all 7 were able to come!!

Adam had a great time with his friends. We had borrowed a bounce house from some friends, but it had rained that morning and was supposed to thunderstorm in the afternoon with strong winds and hail, so we didn't set it up. I was of course running around trying to figure out what the kids could do...since we had the bounce house and a water balloon game (which obviously needed to be done outside). Once his friends started showing up, they went downstairs to play (which is a toy paradise for kids) and it did not rain at all the rest of the day...so we set up the bounce house and were able to play our "Blast the Villain" water balloon game (it was a Batman party). The kids had cake and ice cream and I made bat Jello jigglers. I think that all the kids had fun, and we retained our sanity :-). Of course, I have plenty of pictures....

No comments: