Friday, September 5, 2008

Adam has New Glasses

Last year, Adam failed his vision screening at preschool. Thankfully, we were blessed because I had added the boys to our vision insurance just this year. I took Adam to an optometrist, who then referred him to a pediatric opthamologist. We went last week, and she prescribed some glasses for him. We went back to the optometrists office and picked out glasses. Boy, the frames are sure a lot cuter than when I got glasses as a kid! However, they did have lots of colors, and Adam really liked the blue ones. I was hesitant about getting them, because I thought the dark gray ones looked better on him, but the woman reminded me that if he liked them, then he'd be more likely to wear them....so blue it was. Actually, you can't even tell in the pictures that they are blue. I thought that he'd immediately tell me how much better he could see (one eye is REALLY bad), but his astigmatism is bad enough that the doctor said that it would take some time for him to adjust....so we'll slowly get used to them.

I can already tell it's going to be a nightmare to keep these things safe. He kept putting the case up to the lenses, and I was worried about them scratching. He keeps touching the lenses, so they have lots of fingerprints on them, and he was playing downstairs and took them off. Who knows where he put them down, but I made him go back down and get them. I was smart and purchased frames that shouldn't break :-).

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Very handsome dude!! I love them. Although they make him look like you Corrie!!

Jennifer said...

Those are so cute. Good luck!