Friday, September 12, 2008

Rude Woman!

Yesterday I was grocery shopping with Andrew while Adam was in school. Andrew was yelling a bit...like he sometimes does when he likes to hear how his voice is echoing. I didn't think it was too bad...I barely heard it, because I was concentrating on shopping...plus, it was just in fun...not like he was throwing a temper tantrum (like I've heard other kids doing before).

Anyway, this older lady came up to me and told me that I needed to make my baby stop yelling. He was being rude, and it was bothering the other shoppers. I looked at her for a second, waiting for her to smile...because I was sure she was kidding. But, she kept talking. Finally, I said, "Well, I'm the mom." It made me really mad that she could be so rude.

As a Christian, I struggled between letting my temper get control of me and doing the Christian thing. Finally, I just went back by her and said, "Excuse me" when I passed by her and gave her husband a big smile. I felt much better then! I did think about getting a $10 store gift card and hunting her down and giving it to her...because she must have been in such a bad mood because social security was tight for paying for her groceries :-).

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Don't you just love those types of people? Ugh! They are so frustrating! Of course, I always get flustered in the moment and never say or do what I want or should do either.

Sandra said...

Wow! I think the gift card idea and reasoning is hilarious! If only you had a switch on kids and you could instantaneously show them HOW bad it could be. You were so nice though- tough to do!