Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Our Anniversary Trip, Part I

As I alluded to in my Mother's Day post, we had a great weekend. We left on Friday night and came home on Sunday. A couple of years ago (before Adam), I went on a weekend scrapbook retreat to this hotel. As I sat and enjoyed myself, I thought that Dan would really like it here. It is in a rural area with farm fields all around, and the hotel had a wonderful fireplace in the middle of the lobby (it was the winter). So, I convinced him to visit for our anniversary 4 years ago, and this was our 4th trip there. They now have an addition to the hotel with a pool and a wonderful gameroom with air hockey, ping pong, foosball, and a basketball shooting game. They also have a Village next door with historic houses from the area and a wonderful restaurant that is housed in a big barn that was moved from a nearby farm.

We had wonderful weather on Saturday for our visit to the Village, and the boys had a lot of fun. It was a "Day on the Farm" so they had lots of people in costume and lots of activities going on. They also have a Little Pioneer Village where the boys could play and not worry about ruining anything (I'm going to include pictures from there on a separate post, since there are so many). However, of these things to do, the boys favorite things to do were: for Adam - ride the train, play with the gravel in some of the roads, play in the Jail building (hopefully not a sign of things to come), play in the Little Pioneer Village, eat ice cream, and run ahead to the next activity. Andrew's favorite activities were to play with the gravel in the road, pull the wagon (but NEVER sit in it!), run after his brother, ride the train, play with the eggs in a basket in the wheelbarrow in the Little Pioneer Village, break (I mean play with) my sunglasses, and eat ice cream.

After the Village, since he missed his nap, Andrew had a bit of a meltdown during dinner. But, we did get to eat (me quickly before I took Andrew back to the hotel). Mmmm, the broasted chicken was good. Dan and I also got to watch plenty of old shows like Leave it to Beaver and I Love Lucy on TVLand (since we don't have cable). Adam took a couple of dips in the pool (Andrew wasn't interested), and we hit the game room a couple of times. All in all, a good trip. OK, here's the million pictures! It looks like Adam wasn't there in most of the pictures...and that's because he wasn't...he was usually running ahead!

No comments: