Thursday, July 5, 2007

Happy 4th of July!

I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July (or a Happy Birthday party for America, as Adam would say). He thought we were going to America's house yesterday as we were driving to our party. We had a wonderful time yesterday with a group of people from church. I volunteered to bring the dessert, so I spent some time Monday researching on the internet for the "perfect" 4th of July dessert. There were several sites that had a cake with strawberries and blueberries on it in the shape of a flag, but I personally don't like fruit and cake together, so I wanted something else. I found a site with an Uncle Sam hat made out of a 13x9 pan, which I thought would be perfect. I'm including a picture of how it turned out. I thought it was cute.

Before we left for the party, Adam wanted a baseball cap like Beaver (we have cable for 6 months on special, so Adam and I have been watching Leave it to Beaver on TVLand). On the prior day's episode, Beaver was in PE and couldn't hit the baseball, so he moved his hat around and was doing silly things so the kids would laugh at that instead of the fact that he couldn't hit a baseball. Anyway, Adam put the hat on and immediately moved the brim around like Beaver. I thought it was cute...not sure if Beaver should be his role model...but at least there were always consequences to his actions on the show :-).

The boys had a great time at the party (as did Dan and I). There was a tree fort and a rope swing for Adam to play on with all the other kids and Andrew loved walking around everywhere. It was a little more difficult at this party...since this was the first time Dan and I couldn't rotate watching Adam and socializing...since we now had to watch both kids. I don't know how people with more than 2 kids do it!! I'm going to include a few pictures at the party, too.




1 comment:

Jennifer said...

It's probably better that he wants to be like Beaver rather than Eddie Haskell.
-Jennifer A.