Monday, July 2, 2007

More Birthdays!

May, June and July are very birthday intensive months in our families...2 birthdays in May, 4 in June, and 5 in July. So, we have lots of birthday parties! We visited Dan's family this weekend to celebrate his mom and his nephew's birthdays. Since Dan's mom normally makes everyone else's birthday cake, I volunteered to make her cake, so she wouldn't have to have a store-bought cake. I didn't have time to buy roses at the cake decorating store (like I usually do...I really need to learn how to make them myself), so I bought a stencil that allowed me to make some vines around the edge of the cake. I thought it turned out really cute (and so did Dan's mom). The boys had lots of fun, as usual, with their cousins, and Andrew showed off his new walking skill to the family. I'm including a few pictures from the party (as well as the cake).

No comments: