Friday, August 31, 2007

Camping Trip

I feel really bad that I've been neglecting the blog for so long. We were gone for about a week camping, and then...I had so many pictures I didn't know where to start in editing them. So, I decided that I would just start with a couple of pictures and post them today and keep adding more pictures as the day/week goes.

We went camping for a week with the boys up north. This is the longest that we've been camping with the boys since Adam was born. We usually go for about 4-5 nights, but this was 7 nights. We had a great time...the area is much different from home, so it really felt like we got away. The boys were wonderful...if not tons of work! Dan and I were exhausted at the end of the day trying to keep up with them! We went on lots of walks to the lake and to see the other campground in the state park. The boys were always a huge dirty mess...but they loved it! We even got a big rainshower one day, and Adam was allowed to run around through the rain and puddles to his hearts content (Andrew was napping or he would have gone also). He's always wanted to do that! I guess I'll have to get him some galoshes :-).

The first set of pictures are just some general play around the campsite pictures. You can see how dusty our site was...and how the boys got so dirty! It rained the second night, so it wasn't so dusty the rest of the week (but it can get muddy awfully quick!). I also included a couple of pictures of the boys doing what Gramma C. has named, "Fish Face". Andrew likes to scream and then go into fish face, and when we try to capture it on camera, Adam has to contribute also. I'm also including a picture of our camper.



No comments: