Thursday, December 27, 2007

Adam's a Star (again!)

Adam was a donkey in the Children's Christmas program at Dan's parents' church on Sunday night (12/23). He had a small line (along with all the other children in his class), which he said perfectly. The last time we had visited was over Thanksgiving weekend...so I'm sure they were surprised that he knew it. But...during Sunday School during Thanksgiving, only Adam and his cousin Ricky were in the class. They were playing (after the lesson, of course) and the teacher was trying to get them to learn their lines. Since there were only 2 kids, she offered them each $1, if they would come over to her and practice. So, almost a week later, Adam was wearing the same pants and pulled a$1 bill out of his pocket (OK...I know...I didn't wash them!). We were of course wondering where he got it, and he said that his teacher gave it to him for learning his verse. I asked him what the verse was, and he repeated it to me correctly. So, all I had to do to prepare him for it was to ask about once a week if he remembered his lines. Incidentally, he calls his $1 bill his $100 bill. I guess Dan and I luck out if we give him money....we just have to give him a dollar for him to consider himself rich :-).

Anyway, Adam did a good job during the program. He said his line...and he didn't knock over a microphone, run off the stage, or say something additional into the microphone that may have been embarrassing (I still remember VBS, where they handed him the microphone...and he ordered chicken nuggets and fries...I guess we took too many trips through the drive-thru at McDonalds :-) ). Here are a couple of pictures....his ears were a little messed up...so they hung in his face.

No comments: