Friday, December 21, 2007

Santa Pictures!

Well, we went to visit Santa Claus this morning. I asked Dan to run across the street to the mall this morning to make an appt with Santa (this mall has scheduled times rather than waiting in line). He went about 8 am, and we discovered that you can't pick a time, it's next available. Needless to say, I had to get the boys dressed in about 15 minutes (they were eating breakfast) and rush into the car. We got there just in time, and sat down to figure out the pictures. They allow you to take your own pictures with a $10 donation, so I had brought my camera. Unfortunately, I forgot my compact flash cards at home, so we had to pay for pictures. It was a really good deal, because they took about 7 shots, and then gave you a CD which you took to Ritz Camera for free developing and then you get to keep the CD.

Anyway, when it was our turn, Adam ran right to Santa and jumped on his lap. They took a couple of pictures of Adam with Santa and then I tried to place Andrew on Santa's lap without him seeing Santa. As soon as he took a look at Santa, he started crying. Then...he put his hands over his eyes. I couldn't be sorry that I didn't get great pictures of the boys together with Santa, because that was so cute and so typical of Andrew. When we're out shopping, usually someone will start trying to talk to him when we're in line paying. He always puts his hands over his eyes, because I think he believes if he can't see the person then they can't see him. The person will inevitably think that Andrew is playing peek-a-boo and they'll start talking to him even more (much to his chagrin!). Anyway, that's why I thought the pictures of Andrew with Santa were great...even though they really weren't :-).

This time, Adam said he wanted a big jet. I think he was thinking of the big jet in Little Einsteins, because he started describing what the big jet was doing, and it sounded like a Little Einsteins story. After Santa, the boys and I walked around the mall for a bit waiting for the pictures to develop. Plus, the boys each got 3 coins from Santa which they could exchange for cookies from Mrs. Fields, a water bottle from the North Face, and finger puppets from Pottery Barn kids. There were other things they could have gotten, like stickers, ice cream, and candy, but that's what Adam chose to get.

Here are some more pictures...

No comments: